The (amazing) coffee cakes shown above were baked by my grandmother, who passed the recipe along to me and now I am passing it along to you. These things are great for any occasion, not just brunch.
For two cakes as shown, you will need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- Strawberry Jam
There’s a topping for it, too:
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans
These are designed to be baked in loaf pans.
- Cream* butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs
- Add flour mixture (flour, baking powder, baking soda)
- Add sour cream
- Prep loaf pans with cooking spray
- Place 1/4 of above mixture into each loaf pan, for 1/2 of mixture total
- Spread strawberry jam on top
- Add remaining 1/2 of mixture to both pans
- Top with……………..topping
- Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees
*I did not know this was an action, rather than the ingredient cream itself and had to call later for clarification.
Try these out and enjoy! You won’t regret it!